Prevention is better than the cure
J’aime Sports Therapy’ was set up by Jaime Moran-Wilson, a specialist in Sports Therapy. Jaime has been a practising Sports Therapist based in Newcastle for almost 10 years.
Jaime has deepened her knowledge and skillset over many years, with continued learning from experts in Sports Massage, Osteopathy, Chiropractic, and Physiotherapy. This has enhanced her excellent reputation as a ‘go-to’ therapist for helping people with complex musculoskeletal disorders.
One thing you will quickly learn about Jaime, is that she is always updating her knowledge and developing her skills.
Jaime is passionate about getting her clients back to what they love doing. She achieves that quickly, by restoring, maximising and then maintaining movement using a multi-faceted treatment method.
We support aspects of healthcare that are specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the client back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability.
It was Jaime’s own sports injuries that lead her to want to understand more about the human body, this resulted in her studying for a three-year sports training and rehabilitation degree accredited through Leeds Metropolitan University
Our welcoming and relaxing treatment rooms are designed to put you at ease and get you back into action as quickly as possible.
- Active IQ Level 2 in Fitness Instruction.
- Active IQ Level 3 in Personal Training
- Active IQ Level 3 in GP/Exercise Referral
- ITEC Level 3 Sports Massage Therapy
- Foundation Degree in Sports Training and Rehabilitation (Leeds Met)
- Degree in Sports Training and Rehabilitation
- First Aid Trained
- Advanced Sport’s Massage L4 - Active IQ
- Kinesiology Taping - Kinesio UK/Rock Tape
- Medical Acupuncture - OMT Training
- Spinal Manipulation & Mobilisation - Bodymaster Method
- Advanced Soft Tissue Techniques - Bodymaster Method
- Muscle Energy Techniques - Bodymaster Method
- IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation) OMT Training
- Thai Massage
As a Sports Therapist, Jaime, who is a Member of The Society of Sports Therapists is an allied health professional who has the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- Utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes
- Provide the immediate care of injuries and basic life support in a recreational, training, occupational & competitive environment
- Assess, treat, rehabilitate and, where and if appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- Provide appropriate soft tissue interventions in a sport & exercise context
- Plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation and return to training/work programmes
Sports Therapists who are Members of The Society of Sports Therapists are required to meet clearly defined competency levels that cover the breadth of the above areas and gives them the knowledge, skills and ability to work at all levels of the sport, exercise & occupational continuum.
Why our clients love J'aime Sports Therapy
Jaime is professional and a highly skilled and knowledgeable expert in her field. She has a warm and welcoming nature and diagnosed my problems straight away... this is after I had spent hundreds of pounds at many different practitioners. My longterm problem is alleviated almost after my second session alone. I'm so glad and grateful to have found J'aime Sports Therapy, highly recommend!” Maysun.
Jaime has massaged my shoulders, back and legs a few times and has made a massive difference to the way they feel each time. I'm receiving ongoing massages for my shoulders and they feel looser after each session. Jaime is friendly, professional and easy to talk to. I would highly recommend her to anyone experiencing pain or discomfort.
I have had several sports massages with Jaime . She is professional, friendly and gets to the point. No nonsense, loads of advice and exercises to do between appointments too. She's very informative and looks at things holistically rather than just at the niggling issue. I can highly recommend her.
Jaime Moran-Wilson is a fab sports therapist, friendly, professional, and extremely knowledgable. Always feel great after a sports massage and Jaime offers me loads of advice on how to look after myself in between appointments, helping me to train safely. Highly recommended!